Amazon Key new service is a Huge violation of privacy - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Amazon Key new service is a Huge violation of privacy
in Technology

By agsragsr 851 Pts edited October 2017
The new amazon service let’s delivery guys open your front door and have a camera inside your house.  While super-convienient, that to me is just a crazy violation of personal space and a security risk.  I don’t want amazon to have so much information about me, and don’t want to expose to security hacks for some disgruntled contractor  getting access to my house.  Yes, the video clip and notifications supposed to provide some comfort, but Amazon you are really crossing the line here.  
https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2017/10/25/16538834/amazon-key-in-home-delivery-unlock-door-prime-cloud-cam-smart-lock
northsouthkoreajoecavalryyolostide
  1. Live Poll

Amazon Key Privacy concern outweigh the benefits

5 votes
    1. Privacy more important
      80.00%
    2. Convenience is more important
      20.00%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• This is a huge violation of privacy which could cause many robberies, etc.
    islander507joecavalry
  • While they have mitigating measures, the pivacy conern is just not worth it.  There are great uses however, like some apartment buildings or places with double doors maybe
    joecavalry
  • This is a privacy concern due to the access it is giving to people’s homes.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • @joecavalry, yep.  I can see though how many millenials wpuld give up their privacy for this in return for convenience. They do have video
  • This is currently an option. While I agree it is a violation of privacy, people know this beforehand. When this sort of thing becomes mandatory, then I worry.
    SilverishGoldNovaislander507
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • I think that it is a violation of privacy. I think the only thing that this helps with could be porch pirates but otherwise, I think it is a very poor idea. First of all, this could cause a spike/peak in robberies because you are literally letting someone into your house WITH A KEY. For all we know, they could use that key to come into your house at any time and just steal your stuff.